Wednesday 22 June 2011

Updatin'

Been attempting to finish off work for the ear photographs in my earlier blog post, what to really use them for!

I've been thinking about the intimacy of them, that ever old public and private debate. I thought it would be interesting to find out common secrets that people share. Possibly record each person 'admitting' these secrets and have this playing on a loop which would be played at a soft volume on a speaker concealed behind each ear, so that the viewer would have to get as close as possible to make out each individual voice. The collective sound would most likely be a soft murmur of a distant crowd. This is a reference to confession at the church, where many of the confessions are mundane and generally meaningless, however some may be more significant than others. I want to keep quite a generic, almost factory produced feel to the series, and I think this (although this idea is very basic right now..) use of repetition might do the trick. I must do some experiments.

Also, as of yesterday I'm now finally on Central Station! You can view my page here. There isn't much on it as yet, but hopefully willed be filled with some new stuff quite soon!

I've also just finished my application for a 4-week residency at the Market Gallery in Glasgow, it sounds like a fantastic and fun opportunity. Here's hoping I'm lucky enough to get it, although I can't say I'm filled with optimism. You don't get if you don't ask I suppose.

Also been reading this book...

No comments:

Post a Comment