Wednesday 9 March 2011

Google Street View


Yes, I've been Google street-viewing near enough every street in Aberdeen to find my house (and others exactly like it). I'm limiting my search and collection only to buildings that appear just like the ones above. My specifications are the double windows, and garden at each side of the door. There's a lot of them without the garden, so I have to say I'm a little glad I don't have to photograph them all. Needless to say, even just photographing all of the other ones will be quite a task.

Today as I started on my mission I came across a gentleman that asked me what I was doing photographing his home, being a little hazy this morning I just said 'it's an art project, would you like me to delete the photo?' I was actually all too happy to do this because thankfully I'd taken another due to shoddy exposure. So I deleted it in front of him, but now I feel a little guilty and as I can't remember which one it was, I'll just have to keep it.

SO! So far I have found 19 more streets with 'My House' on it, and I've already photographed 6 streets. I guess I better get out there and get snapping eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment