Tuesday 22 February 2011

Good Morning!

Usually, of course I'd rather be sleeping, but things to do and all that and I'm quite excited!
Today I am testing out projections. I've made my DVD of the Desks at Grays, I currently have no desk at home, so I'm actually testing this out on a number of different surfaces.. coffee tables, ironing board, kitchen counter... nothing is safe!

The main obstacle is finding a way to suspend the projector so that it hits the surface at the right angle. I'd prefer it if, no matter where people stand to view the piece, they would not cast a shadow, so it would have to be at a good enough height not to do so. I don't want Mr Projector to fall down and get hurt.. so this is a tricky one.

I also have to take into consideration where I would like the piece to be shown. I discussed with Andy about showing it in the most public place possible (within it's own habitat... the art school) and we came up with the Foyer. Everyone who comes through the school must enter through the Foyer, it simply cannot be avoided... I'm sure it can't be that difficult to get something put up here, if other folk were interested, we could even discuss having a small group show? To the best of my knowledge, Photographic and Electronic Media have never had the chance (or more rightly put.. taken the chance) to exhibit in this space.. which is ludicrous!

This post will be updated with photos and hopefully happy faces if all goes well throughout the day.
Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment